Gluten-free apple muffins
Ingredients: 2 and 1/2 cups of gluten-free self-raising flour, 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, 1 cup of milk, 1/2 a cup of vegetable oil, 1 egg, lightly beaten, 2 small pink lady apples, warmed honey, to serve (optional).
- Preheat oven to 190 degree Celsius or 170 on fan-forced. Grease a 12-hold, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan
- Combine flour, cinnamon and 2/3 cup brown sugar in a bowl. Make a well in centre.
- Add milk, oil and egg
- Using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined.
- Peel and grate 1 apple. Fold grated apple into muffin mixture.
- Spoon mixture into holes of prepared pan.
- Core and quarter remaining apple. Thinly slice. Arrange 2 to 3 apple slices on top of each muffin.
- Sprinkle remaining brown sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Serve drizzled with honey, if using.